Somewhere over Europe
As I sit on a Jat Airways flight, flying away from Belgrade, I am reflecting on the past two weeks and thinking about my favorite things about this experience. In no particular order I will share my top ten list:
- The beds at Hotel Moskva (seriously, they are heavenly)
- Neda, our wonderful Serbian trip coordinator. We all fell in love with her.
- The Frikom ice cream freezers on every street corner
- Skadarlija, the “bohemian” neighborhood, and the wonderful restaurants there
- The mantija I ate at Hotel Balkan
- The safe streets of Belgrade
- The abundance of hazelnut flavored treats
- The seminar we attended at University of Belgrade
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the history of Serbia
- The warmth of the Serbian people, who are truly the nicest people I’ve ever met
Until next time Beograd. Its been wonderful. Hvala.